7 Things to Remember on Moving Day
When moving day arrives be prepared in every way possible so there is less stress on yourself and those helping you. Being organized before a move helps to ensure a smooth moving day and an easy start to life in a new home or apartment. With a little planning, you can settle in and start enjoying your new home right away.
Here’s a list of a few important things to keep in mind.
- Keep a running list of all the little things that have to get done before moving day arrives. With so much to do you want to make sure that nothing gets overlooked. For example, you may want to have someone help with taking items out of boxes and organizing them or ask them to be available to run quick errands like picking up packing tape from the store. Share your to-do list with them so they can help make sure nothing gets missed.
- Do one last walk-through to make sure nothing has been forgotten. Check in the closets, cabinets, and counters for any items that may have gotten misplaced during the moving process, and remember to leave keys (don’t forget the mailbox key) and garage door openers behind.
- Pack all medicines you’ll need in a place you can get to easily where they won’t get lost during transport. Packing all medicine in one place also makes it easier to have them handy and readily available. You’ll want to remember everything from headache medicine to heart pills, this is especially important when moving with children and seniors.
- Make sure your cell phone is fully charged and you know where the charger is. This way if you need to make a call or check the weather for any reason during the moving process you are ready to go and easily accessible.
- Have cleaning supplies on hand and available so you can clean up after the movers have left. This way you can leave your old place in great shape and make sure everything is picked up, wiped down, and ready for unpacking at the new house or apartment.
- Have cash on hand to tip your movers. Tipping your moving crew is not expected but very much appreciated, especially if you feel strongly about the service they provided.
Be sure to keep a positive attitude throughout the entire moving process. Moving is stressful and while having a great team of movers on your side helps, having a sense of humor during the move will put everyone in a better mood and make the whole process more fun.
Our experience with Hogan was excellent. Professional, courteous and efficient. I would definitely hire them again.Christy W. Indianapolis, IN
My move was very well done. My driver was absolutely amazing. I really enjoyed my experience.Katie B. Las Vegas, NV
The moving crews were pleasant, really great to work with and very helpful.Patty M. Indianapolis, IN
Every part of your team did a fabulous job… Your team was awesome. I have moved across the country many times, and have never had such a great experience.Terri D. Indianapolis, IN
My wife and I moved today and of course used Hogan Mayflower. Could not have had a better experience. Nice people.Mark D Indianapolis
I have moved over a dozen times in the last 40 years. This is the best experience I have had. The driver was truly exceptional… his professionalism, hard work ethic, […]Carroll K Bloomington
The packers were the best crew I have had in 28 moves. Their experience, listening and professionalism got it done with ease.Judy V Indianapolis, IN
The move went very well. They were great, professional, and on time!Neal C. Indianapolis, IN
Thanks for your help, the movers are so professional!!Jay H. Greenwood, IN
On behalf of the family, I am writing to compliment you and your staff. The crew was professional, friendly and efficient. Their willingness to go beyond the minimum specifications of […]Bonnie S. Avon, IN