10 Tips for Business and Office Moves
We’ve been moving businesses like yours since 1927, so we have plenty of insights to share about the corporate moving process! We know that a well planned and managed move will provide a seamless and cost effective transition.
Here are 10 quick tips for corporate office moves and limiting the disruption of your day-to-day business:
1. Call a moving professional like Hogan. We’re Indiana’s largest relocation company!
2. Develop a company “move team”.
3. Take inventory. With your Move Team, look through your office inventory and determine what items will be replaced, recycled, or disposed of. Now is a great time to purge obsolete or unnecessary inventory.
4. Develop a detailed space plan. Figure out how you’re going to incorporate existing and new furniture and fixtures.
5. Decide who will pack. This could either be your employees or Hogan professionals.
6. Get your employees involved. Ask them to do what they can.
7. Find out move-out and move-in requirements. Contact the building management at both locations to get these important requirements.
8. Determine your move dates. You can determine your move-in and move-out dates based on your occupancy and minimal office activity.
9. Contact all your vendors. Contact the vendors that are providing your goods and services, such as communications, leases, supplies, utilities, advertising, and more to let them know you’re moving.
10. Don’t worry. You may be concerned about the move complexity, but you’ll have our professionals’ experience to guide you through the planning and coordination of your relocation.
We have everything covered, such as:
- Professional Project Managers with over 20 years of experience
- On-site White Collar Supervision
- Consulting & Turn Key Project Management
- Computerized Project Tracking & Cost Analysis
- Specialized Equipment, Including Shelved Carts, Vehicles to Handle Delicate Equipment
- Modular Furniture Relocation
- Business Record Management and Storage
- Recycling & Liquidation Services
- And more
When you’re ready to start planning your office move, we’re ready to help.
Your move is uniquely yours and requires specialized planning. Our professional office and industrial Project Managers are available to answer your questions and provide consultation services. Customized checklists, employee moving guides, and a complete move schedule will be provided to your staff.
Call us at (317) 639-9583 for more information or to start planning your office move today!
The packers were the best crew I have had in 28 moves. Their experience, listening and professionalism got it done with ease.Judy V Indianapolis, IN
The move went very well. They were great, professional, and on time!Neal C. Indianapolis, IN
Thanks for your help, the movers are so professional!!Jay H. Greenwood, IN
On behalf of the family, I am writing to compliment you and your staff. The crew was professional, friendly and efficient. Their willingness to go beyond the minimum specifications of […]Bonnie S. Avon, IN
It was a real pleasure working with you and your crews. A very professional group, and I would not hesitate to use your company again.Marti H. Indianapolis, IN
We had to make a last-minute change in our moving date, and your team was able to get the job done for us. Those were a hectic few days, and […]Ruth E Indianapolis, IN
The gentlemen were efficient, kind, and hard working. It went wonderfully well. Thank you so much!Chick M Indianapolis, IN
The crews did an amazing job. The crews were professional and efficient. I’d recommend and use Hogan again.Caleb R Indianapolis, IN
Thanks so much. Your guys did an amazing job! We can’t thank you enough!Tanya R Guggenheim Partners
I really am thankful that we chose Hogan for our move. The crews were the best, I can’t say enough good things about them. They were professional, courteous, hard working […]Mike G Cassidy Turley